January 30, 2010

Horseback Riding

by Kimmie Dillon
In some parts of the world, riding a horse is an essential means of transportation. In most places, however, we can enjoy our countryside by horseback and consider it an exciting outdoor adventure.


Imagine this scenario: A good horse beneath you, a blue sky above, trails and countryside out ahead in the distance. Never ridden you say? Or you had a bad stable experience when you were a child? I’m here to tell you about the wonderful world you can discover on the back of a horse. With all that goes on in our daily lives, wouldn’t it be nice to just get outside and be in harmony with nature?

I tell you this because I grew up speaking one language: HORSE. As a very young girl, I tied string like a harness and pretended to be the prancing horse pulling the wagon. At age 6, I got my first pony. Age 7 my first blue ribbon. A room-full of ribbons, saddles, trophies and buckles later, I am still hooked!

YOU can learn to ride, too. Find a local stable. Take a vacation to a dude ranch. See how cows are really gathered on an authentic cattle drive. I encourage you to do your research and find a reputable place to ride. Make the effort and you won’t be sorry.

So get outside and ride a horse. Rather than machines or cell phones, you’ll hear leather and hoof steps. .

Chomping at the bit for my next ride,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment